Tuesday, August 14, 2012

I Have No Reason to Whine

I'm trying to look at my life through a bigger lens than just what I can see right
in front of me. I'm trying not to compare myself to other people even though it's
such a natural urge to do so. I think, why don't I have those things that I see
other people having and then I get this little kick in the shin reminding me that
I have no idea what life is like for that person who seemingly has it all.

I don't have it all, but what I have seems pretty good on most days. My husband
is the biggest, funniest dork in the world and I love him. He is 44 going on 14, but
no one can make me laugh or infuriate me more (in all of two seconds) than he
does. But you know what, he is still here, we are still together and that's got to
count for something.

I can go to bed at night with a clear conscience knowing that I did my best to
be the best I could be and generally be good to those around me. I'd like to
think that I have had a small positive impact on the friends I have made. My
very good friends in St. Louis certainly did let me know that I was loved and
missed this past weekend when they took pictures of Flo from the Progressive
commercials and set her in various pool type pictures while they had their last
pool party of the summer.  Oh, by the way, my nickname is Flo to those gals
from the Beaver Club out in St. Paul. So, to Jen F, Man Candy and Sweet D,
thanks for keeping me in the loop, we sure know how to party.

See, I have no reason to whine.

No comments:

Post a Comment