Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Holy AWOL!!

Wow, had no idea it had been over three weeks since I last posted. Moving will do that to you.  Moving will do many things to you. It will make you re-examine every possible use for duct tape, packing tape and bubble wrap. It will make you curse the day you bought anything and stored it in your home because now you have to pack the damn thing and how the hell were you supposed to know that the awesome hurricane lamp you had to have does not fit in any standard box? You will survive off dry cereal, peanut butter and Twix bars because they are there and quite frankly very convenient. You will stare down your spouse and child if they enter any room that has been freshly cleaned and you will monitor every item that goes in every box.

It's freakin' exhausting!

So here I am at the other end of the move and I have to keep reminding myself that I live here now, I'm not just visiting. Even though we now have FL plates on our car and I have four palm trees in my yard it's a little hard to digest. You know you are not a true Floridian when you are freaking out over a tropical storm and your neighbors are still drinking mai tai's. A tiny lizard darted out behind some boxes and I jumped a foot in the air. I haven't worn make-up or done my hair in over a week. It's kind of liberating actually.

Now, which flip flops shall I wear tomorrow?



No comments:

Post a Comment