Thursday, January 24, 2013

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall Whine

Ok, I will admit, I am spending a little more time looking in the mirror these days
than I ever have before. Truthfully, I like the face that looks back at me, but
anything south of the shoulders is the bane of my existence.

Sadly, I have said that for over 20 years, but when I see pictures of my 20 year
old self, I think, "you stupid woman, you wasted far too many years
complaining about nothing.  Isn't there a song that says  "You are not as fat as
you think." I think I need that tattooed somewhere on my body.  I think
I would be amazed if I took all the wasted hours of worrying over my looks
and put it towards something more productive. I would probably be rocket
scientist by now.

My point is this....stop looking at all the bad things and look for all the good
things and trust me they are there! If you ever start feeling really bad
about yourself look at those gawd-awful pictures of people shopping
in Walmart that look like they just crawled out of the National Enquirer!
Someone in those pictures will always have more cellulite and less class
than you. Oh, and if you are one of those people in the Walmart pictures I
sincerely hope that was a wake up call to perhaps get a bit of a makeover.

I think I just need a new mirror, better lighting and crisp chardonnay.

No comments:

Post a Comment