Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Laughter REALLY is the Best Medicine....

I am funny…at least I used to think I was. For those of you who would like
to send fan mail referencing my awesome sense of humor, by all means send it in.
There have been a lot of changes going on in my life over the last few weeks and
if I didn’t keep a sense of humor I would be crying at the bottom of a box of wine
(keep it classy St. Louis!)

As you know I am moving…again.  The fifth time in 10 years. I am a master packer,
I throw things away ruthlessly when I don’t want to pack them and I almost have a
photographic memory for what is stored in what box. That is until it’s an absolute
emergency and I need the item in question RIGHT NOW.

Telling my son wasn’t such a fun thing. He reacted in a very normal 10 year old way,
but that doesn’t mean it didn’t break my heart watching the sadness take over his
little face.  How do you joke about moving? In our warped sort of way we did
manage to inject some  humor into this situation which was a great relief.

The day I lose my sense of humor is the day the vineyards dry up…..

No comments:

Post a Comment