Friday, May 25, 2012

High School Reunion Whine

My high school reunion is this weekend and ...oops, sorry I spilled my wine, where was I?

Oh yes, the high school reunion. This could be a four letter word to some people, but I'm actually sad that I don't get to go and see how everyone turned out. Facebook has taken away all of the surprises you might encounter at a reunion because we can reconnect so easily with people by sitting our butts down in front of the computer. By now you already know who gained weight, who got skinny, who is a gazillionaire, who had 9 kids, what happened to the old science teacher and if your first crush looks as great as he did then as he does now.  In my case, that would be a big yes.

Do I look as good now as I did then? Kind of self-centered thing to ask, really.  Hold on, need to fill up my glass...ok, I'm back.  I have done all kinds of crazy, fun things since high school and I've been through some life-changing experiences...but haven't we all? I think that's the fun of going to a reunion! Who cares what you look like.  Are you happy, did you discover a cure for some horrible disease, do your kids think you are all that, does your husband still love you after all these years, have you been around the world and back and did you really do all those things in high school that I think you did??

So, to all my Westminster High School Alums, Graduating Class of 1990...here's to you! I'm sure you are all wonderful in your own special ways and I wish I could have been there to catch up with you, hear your stories, share your pain and celebrate your good times!

CHEERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment