Friday, May 4, 2012

I Like You Just The Way You Are

I used to think that only certain adults resisted change, but recent events
have shown me that this is not necessarily true. Kids resist change too. Not
the simple “let’s move the wii console over to this side of the tv” kind of change, or
the drastic “guess what, we’re moving to Africa!” kind of change either. They get
comfortable in their own little worlds and like things just the way they are.

I recently dabbled in the “how would look as a brunette” change of hair color
and boy did my son not like this at all. He said “Mom, you look weird.” And wanted
to know if I could change it back right away. (That’s something only Miss Clairol knows.)
One time I was looking at a fitness magazine and I showed TJ a picture of this
workout model and said, “TJ, how would you like it if I looked like that?” He replied
“I like you just the way you are.” What a smart kid!

I get where he is coming from though. My mom has had a very, very rough few years
battling cancer and knee surgery and her appearance has changed so much. When
I close my eyes I always picture her how she was when I still lived at home and
mom was everything. She is still everything, even though she looks different and I
would tell her “I like you just the way you are.”
The World's Best Mom...Ever

No comments:

Post a Comment