Monday, February 20, 2012

Sadist, Thy name is Jillian

The nightmare is always the same.  She's standing above me with a six pack and arms of steel telling me to get my ass off the floor and do one more standing leg lift. She's asking me in a shrill voice if her instructions are clear.  I want to yell "Crystal!" but I can't because my heart is jammed so far up my throat, my lungs are burning and my head feels like it's wrapped in a scarf.  I wake up to the cat sitting on my head and the knowledge that I'm only halfway through my 30 Day Shred challenge with Jillian Michaels.  I silently curse and cheer on my friend Cindi G who is doing the challenge with me.  There's nothing more motivating than knowing a friend who is skinnier than you is working her butt off too.

Sadly I don't see any changes in my physical being.  Perhaps it's the over abundance of food and wine I have been enjoying.  Perhaps I am getting old *sigh*.  I used to be able to exercise away my bad eating habits and eat what I want, but those days are gone.  I guess I better put away the bisquick (it's really not doing my thighs any favors) and tuck away the wine for a special occasion. 

Then again, I can always find a special occasion!

No comments:

Post a Comment