Monday, February 27, 2012

When Eeyore Marries Tigger

I had the startling realization the other day that I have married Tigger.  Oh bother.  It’s not that I’m always “the glass is half-empty” kind of girl, I do have moments of complete positivity that would blind you if you got too close.  However, I do not always “look on the bright side” and yet that is all my husband seems capable of doing.  I don’t know whether to wring his neck in frustration or learn to let go of my pessimism and follow him to the sunny side of the street.  We have had set backs and issues that are common to any marriage or just two people trying to eke out a happy existence in our crazy world.  I think everyone is against us and my husband sees right through the issue to the potential solution and nine times out of ten he is right.  You would think I would learn by now, but there is something in my DNA that keeps me grounded in my “Eeyore mode” while he bounces around in a happy Tigger like manner.  Somehow we make this work between us and I’m very thankful for that.
 Maybe having a Tigger in my life is exactly what I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment