Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Child of Mine.....

I used to think that my child was special and unique with his own quirks and habits that were unlike any other.  Apparently I was mistaken.  Oh, don’t get me wrong he does have a certain something that sets him apart from the rest, for example his good looks and sense of humor.  Thank goodness he takes after his mother.
No, I’m talking about those habits and behaviors that pretty much EVERY kid falls prey to.  I try to correct, reprimand and almost-threaten him to improve these behaviors to no avail.  “Child of mine, can you please hang your jacket up on the nice hook that I have provided instead of throwing it on the floor.”  It has become glaringly apparent that most kids will whine and complain about what’s for dinner, bedtime, wearing clean clothes, having to wear shoes outside and not just their socks, not wearing the clothes they want to wear to school to bed the night before, brushing their teeth, washing their hands and the list just goes on and on.  I sound like a broken record every day….oh my goodness I sound like my mother!  (Well, that’s not entirely a bad thing.)
One thing he is good at is hugs.  I’ll take a good hug any day.  That almost makes up for the whining.  (I said almost!)

No comments:

Post a Comment