Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Ode to Sisters....

I grew up with two sisters and one brother.  Now, my brother, bless his heart is completely ignorant when it comes to understanding the unique relationship between sisters. So for the sake of this blog entry we will just let it be known that yes, I have a brother, and no, he won’t read this.
A funny thing happened as I got older, and older (and dare I say older!)  I started to REALLY miss my sisters and WANT to talk to them a whole lot more than I ever did during any period of my life.  I live about a gazillion miles away from my sisters and maybe that has something to do with it.  Not a day goes by that I don’t wish I could share something with them.  Growing up I couldn’t wait to strangle both of them at different points in time.  Mostly my younger sister mind you, but that’s what younger sisters are supposed to do, borrow your clothes without asking, listen in on your conversations and rat you out to your mother!
Now I just want to be able to give them a BIG hug and share the fun and not so fun things in life.  They make me laugh, help me feel like I’m normal (that's a BIG job) and they know when to cry right along with me.  If you have a sister (or a great friend who feels like a sister) give them a call today and let them know how much you love them….I just did!

No comments:

Post a Comment