Monday, April 16, 2012

A Beautiful Life Cut Short....

While this is not normally a topic that I would include in my blog, it’s weighing so heavily on my heart that I feel like I need to just share some things. An old high school friend was tragically killed this past weekend by some crazy man intent on inflicting pain to an innocent bystander. He was attacked in downtown London, ON and his family and friends are just reeling from this senseless act of violence.  I can’t even begin to understand what his family and close friends back home are going through? Dan had the biggest, brightest smile you have ever seen. He was mischievous, funny and I swear every girl in high school had a crush on him. It's just mind boggling that something like this could happen to someone we know. How did our world get so messed up???
It made me want to tell my husband that I love him. It made me want to appreciate the people in my life and make sure they know how much they mean to me. As a mother my heart is so heavy at the prospect of what Dan’s mother has to carry with her for the rest of her life. I know friends and family will be there to help pick up the broken pieces of this beautiful life cut short, but it still hurts.
Daniel Brand - Rest In Peace


No comments:

Post a Comment