Tuesday, April 3, 2012

A Pathetic Whine....

The day started out pretty much like every other day.  I woke up, worked out, had breakfast and got ready for work.  In between doing all of my activities of daily living I had to fit in: 
1.       Putting away dishes from last night.
2.       Cleaning cat litter AGAIN.
3.       Cleaning up after son’s breakfast and doing dishes.
4.       Find missing library book.
5.       Put together quick grocery list so we could have a decent meal tonight.
6.       Find missing keys.
Ok, ok, I get it. These are all very petty little whiny things, but when I start adding up all of the things I do on a regular basis without assistance I pretty much want to tear out my Miss Clairol colored hair.  In my dream world a very handsome man named Sven (yes, he is very Swedish and muscular and smart and more than that he can fix pretty much ANYTHING!) I digress….Sven offers to make dinner, finds his own bloody socks and fixes the weed whacker with flair.  Did I mention that he is also sweet, loving and kind?
Then I catch a glimpse in the mirror of my aging self and the look of bitterness I am carrying really does not enhance my looks in any way.  Perhaps I should be happy I have a man who still loves me after all these years and I have good eyes that allow me to find the missing items in our house and a little boy who brings me more joy than I could ever imagine.  Yeah, this is a pathetic whine....

No comments:

Post a Comment