Friday, April 20, 2012

Kid Whine.....

Children can be a wonderful source of joy and happiness. When you are a parent
you experience such a rush of love for your kids; it’s unlike anything you have
ever experienced before.

Maybe that’s why it’s so hard to deal with the ups and downs of parenthood.
Parenting is HARD WORK. Think about it, you are responsible for raising this
kid to be an all-around good person and to not get involved in drugs, violence,
and all kinds of evil that exists in this world. Our job is to protect them. But there
are days I tell you when I just want to strap my child to a chair and tell him he
has NO IDEA how good his life is. My child is convinced that his life is horrible
because he doesn’t have all the gadgets that his friends have. Too bad. It feels
like nothing is ever good enough for him.

Did I raise him to be this way? Where does this come from? He is well loved,
well liked, and has a very comfortable life. So really, what gives?

I’m not going to find the answer in a glass of wine, but it’s tempting. I can’t
possibly be the only mom to experience this….am I?

No comments:

Post a Comment