Tuesday, April 24, 2012

They can smell fear....

A scary thought crossed my mind the other day. Eventually my son is going
to grow up and realize that I don’t know everything. Right now I’m practically
omnipotent in his little world. I have eyes in the back of my head. I can hear
a pin drop from next door and I know without a shadow of doubt when he is lying.
I can fix the hurts, smooth over pain and he still thinks I’m cool to walk around in
public with. I don’t want this stage to ever end!

Eventually he is going to know that I can barely do 5th grade math, I can’t solve
every problem he encounters and he may not want to be seen with me in public.
At this stage in the game all he knows is that “Mom’s got it together.”  Or does she???

Our kids can smell fear, they know when something isn’t right so we have to be
vigilant in keeping our shit together. Seriously! They can’t know that you sometimes
lay awake for hours at night wondering how to fix the latest issue in your adult life.
They need security and love more than anything.

Damn I miss being a kid and thinking adults were invincible!

No comments:

Post a Comment