Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Stuff My Kid Says....

Let me introduce you to TJ, because he may factor in heavily on some of my posts, so you might as well get to know him up front.  TJ just turned 10, going on 15. He loves baseball, football, WWE and he is just pretty awesome. (No paid endorsements were given to me for that last statement.)

One day when I was picking TJ up from kindergarten, he seemed pretty excited about what he learned that day, so I asked him about it. 
Me:  “So, TJ what did you learn in school today?”
TJ:  “Oh mom, today we learned all about King Arthur!”
Me:  “Wow, King Arthur huh, he was pretty cool.”

TJ:  "Yeah, you know the guy, he had a white shirt and black suit."

Me:  "I didn't know King Arthur wore a suit."
TJ:  “Yeah, you know the guy, he wore a white shirt, black tie and he got shot in a hotel.”
Me:  (looking rather dubious at TJ through my rear view mirror)”Um, TJ, did you guys learn about Martin Luther King Jr?”
“Oh yeah, that’s the guy!”
So happy to be paying for a quality education!  We still laugh over that one. You have to write these things down people, you think you will remember, but trust me you won’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment