Tuesday, April 10, 2012

"Sip....Confess"

There is a scene in "Sex and the City 2" in which Miranda and Charlotte are having
dinner in their private bar in their hotel room.  Charlotte is having a hard time being away
from her girls while on vacation and Miranda is trying to get her to talk about things.
Miranda says something like, "I love my son, you know I do, but sometimes it's good
to just get away from him." Charlotte is astounded that a mother would admit this
and Miranda points at the martini glass and says "Sip, confess." Charlotte is guilt
ridden and admits that she has hidden from her girls in the house when things
get to be too much and she believes she is a bad parent. Miranda points out her
actions are just "Survival 101."

Sip, confess; I couldn't agree more.  Being a parent is tough, the hardest job there
is. Thank goodness there are a ton of rewards. If I could have fit into our linen closet
I probably would have hidden a time or two myself! I used to have dreams of running away
to a really fancy hotel, and sleeping for more than two hours straight in a nice clean,
quiet, comfy bed. My how my dreams have changed!

We do what we have to do to keep ourselves sane. 
A well rested, happy mommy equals happy kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment