Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A Certain Sense of Freedom

My son and I were talking this morning about eating healthy and working out and I told him that I had lost 4 lbs in the last couple of weeks.  His response was “Well, that’s enough to keep you safe for one more week on the Biggest Loser.” I could have died laughing right then and there, but he was so earnest in his compliment, that I just said, “Thank you TJ.”
That got me thinking about how great being a kid is because you don’t give a flying leap whether or not your clothes match, if your hair is showing its roots or if you even have on matching shoes. You are just so darn happy to be living another day and playing that none of that stuff matters. My son went through a period where he wanted to be the Red Power Ranger and he wore every shade of red under the sun and he was one happy little camper.
I want those days back! There was an article in the Ladies Home Journal with Melissa McCartney (if you don't know who she is rent "Bridesmaids" and you will never forget!) She says something like “There’s a certain kind of freedom when you don’t care what other people think.”
I think I’m on my way to a fabulous sense of freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment